Article taken from book :
Historical and Descriptive Review of Dunkirk NY Chautauqua County 1889
St Hyacinth's R.C.Church
Under charge of Father Lanz the Polish church, costing about $10,000. was erected in 1875.
Fathers Bratkiewicz, Schneider, Klawieter. Lebiecki and Ciszek officiated prior to the present pastor, Victor Zarenczny, who was educated in Europe and has been twenty years in the ministry. There are some 200 Polish families and about 175 children in the parochial school. Father Zarenczny has in contemplation the erection of a $5,000. brick school house next year.
As it looks today.
Back To Home Page / Church Index